Beginning in 2007 with Project Front Door, the Wyoming Office of
Tourism (WOT) embarked on a process that would ultimately lead to
creating a Wyoming Tourism Industry Master Plan. The WOT, in
partnership with Wyoming Game and Fish and State Parks and Cultural
Resources, began to create a 10 year plan for the Wyoming tourism
industry founded on getting the broadest input from all partners and
stakeholders in Wyoming. All three agencies saw a critical need to
design and produce a Master Plan that would include wildlife,
outdoor recreation and cultural resources, as well as many other
aspects that impact the tourism industry in Wyoming.
Hank Todd Solutions Group was brought in as the consultant to facilitate and develop the plan.
In developing the plan, it is designed so that state, local and federal agency partners will be able to utilize the Master Plan:
• As a management tool to prioritize the use of resources to achieve general and specific goals established through the strategic planning process;
• As a means by which to identify tourism industry actions and activities that can benefit Wyoming’s economy and social well being;
• As a means by which to identify critical issues or areas of concern regarding tourism in Wyoming or the activities and actions of Wyoming’s tourism
• As a means by which to identify growth and expansion opportunities for Wyoming’s tourism industry;
• As a means by which to identify opportunities for tourism industry partnerships;
• As an information resource in conducting its individual agency, business or organization planning processes and operations;
• As an ongoing information resource regarding the current and evolving operating environment for tourism;
• As a resource for economic research and data, and a directory of information sources for current tourism related forecasts and trend analysis
It is important to acknowledge appreciation for the support and involvement of the tourism industry for their involvement in developing this plan. Over 500 people participated in the surveys, over 60 individuals committed time for direct interviews, over 200 participated in regional meetings and close to 70 submitted comments.
The following results of these interviews, meetings and surveys are available as follows:
Initial E-Survey Results Click Here One-on-One Interviews Summary Click Here
Regional Meeting Summaries Cody Regional Douglas Regional Rock Springs Regional Gillette Regional
Jackson Regional Laramie Regional Riverton Regional
Follow up E-Survey Results Click Here
Updates of the plan will continually be posted as they become available.
For questions about this plan, please submit them to Kristin Phipps - Kristin.Phipps@wyo.gov or 307-777-2887